Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Adding the shipping costs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiron.egger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Adding the shipping costs Reply with quote

Some times I enter gixen directly (without watching the bids on eBay) just to edit here and there. Adding the information about shipping costs would be helpful.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been suggested and discussed many times before... rather than me repeat the arguments again I would suggest first using the search feature on this forum to find some other threads about this.

To summarise my position, it is very difficult, in many instances impossible, to get accurate shipping figures for all users, in all locations around the world, in all circumstances... rather than having potentially inaccurate information, in my view, it is better not to present it at all and deliberately leave the user to find their own method of finding out what the shipping cost would be in their circumstances.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror subscribers have an option to use "Comments" field to note the shipping cost.
zaunseder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even including it automatically in the comment would be a good idea
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject:

redzep

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about you just include fixed shipping? That should be easy... FREE or $5.95 etc.

The vast majority of items I bid on have fixed shipping costs. JbidWatcher does this.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed costs are not the same for every user in every location.

Jbidwatcher runs on your own computer and logs into Ebay from there to get these values... unfortunately, that is a much easier proposition than implementing it from a service running on a remote server, which is the way Gixen operates.
mreg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Adding the shipping costs Reply with quote

However would be nice to have 2 new columns, one with shipping cost and one with total cost. User could enter the shipping manually, then place bid on product or total cost as wish. If bids the total, the product cost will be sniped.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mreg,

Here is my take on what you mean...

You would like to be able to enter a Shipping Cost, and a Total Amount that you are willing to pay... Then the amount to bid as a snipe is worked out as (Total Amount-Shipping Cost).

Then if you manage to negotiate a better shipping cost with the seller you can just reduce the Shipping Cost and the snipe bid is automatically increased because the Total Amount remains the same.

I believe Mario may suggest that you could write your own code to implement that algorithm and use the Gixen API to set the snipe amounts on Gixen... Of course, you would need some programming skills in order to do that... if you do not, at present, have those skills, perhaps you could find a volunteer?

If I have completely the wrong idea about your suggestion please feel free to elaborate on it.
mreg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Adding the shipping costs Reply with quote

Cupid,
I don't know what you mean to write the code myself, I don't program, don't know what is gixen API. I use gixen at gixen com with mirror, that's all.
You got the idea, so I wish to have 3 fields, first is the product price, second is the shipping which I will fill in manually (I understood that it cannot be filled automatically because of 101 reasons for all kind of user locations) and the third is the total cost.
I expect to be able to fill in when setting up the bid or modifying it 2 of these. 1st and 2nd, or 2nd and 3rd. The other field will result by sum or subtraction.
The result will be: when I access gixen com and I see a product list of 50 items I will see also the column for total cost, not only product cost.

The main reason asking this feature is that there are on ebay products for 10 Euros and shipping 100 Euro ! But it can be also reversed, products for 100 Euro and free shipping to my country. So the shipping cost does matter when I want to see an overview of my snipes.

If you have questions about this idea don't hesitate to ask. But unfortunately I cannot help with programming stuff. Only with the idea Smile

Greetings
mreg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Adding the shipping costs Reply with quote

One more note: the shipping cost column can be called "Shipping cost + Import tax", or simply "Additional cost". Import tax is also important and it can be estimated by the user, no need to calculate anything by gixen. Sometimes import tax can be as high as couple of hundreds of dollars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.