Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bidding through eBay and Gixen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gtruk9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Bidding through eBay and Gixen Reply with quote

Should we put a bid in eBay too or initially? Or does Gixen just know to bid at the end of the auction. I really don't see a set of good instructions on how to most efficiently to use Gixen with eBay. I put a bid thru Gixen but it doesn't show up on the eBay -- sorry if I seem like a green horn. But I am not sure the best way to initiate a bid to win an auction. Let me know if you have a posting or instructional wiki to go over an learn about.\

Thanks in advance
GT
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend that you read the whole of the FAQ tab above.

If that does not answer your questions please come back here and seek further advice.

To summarise the points you have already raised, there is no need to place any bids direct on Ebay (I would be interested to know what ever gave you that idea?), sniping is the action of placing your bid in the last seconds of the auction, therefore scheduling a snipe here will not result in a bid appearing on Ebay until the last few seconds of the auction.

Bids will only ever appear on Ebay if Ebay accepts them, so if for instance the price is higher than your snipe at the end of the auction then you will never see your bid appear there.
Siouxper Kev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:09 am    Post subject: eBay and Gixen bids Reply with quote

I've never sold on eBay so I don't completely know the seller "rules", but I've always wondered if a seller can pull an auction listing (before it ends) if it has zero bids. (Some auctions actually say it may end early)

For that reason, at times I will place the initial asking bid on eBay just so it doesn't get pulled. Then I back up my bid on Gixen with the max bid I am willing to pay. I never put my max bid in on eBay. Wink

The other times I will place an eBay bid first is if there is a starting bid (say $20) and a Buy It Now (say $30). By placing the initial bid, (usually) the Buy It Now bid goes away and I gamble that the bidding wont reach the Buy it Now price. In defense of that, I usually wait until the last day (or even hours) of the auction to do this. My max bid may be higher than the Buy it Now price but there's always that desire of paying less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.