Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

One bid for standard and another bid for mirror?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
powdernpaint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:39 am    Post subject: One bid for standard and another bid for mirror? Reply with quote

Hi! Just joined your mirror service and really like the additional features. I had thought you would be able to place another bid amount though with the mirror service. Wouldn't it be an advantage if your bid at 6 secs is outbid to have a higher bid ready at 3 secs to win the item for you? At three seconds there most likely won't be another bid to outbid you again. Sort of like a safety net.

Also, any advantage to make the mirror service at 3 secs when the main is at 6? Don't know enough about all this to decide. Thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powdernpaint, there is no advantage to this at all. The best outcome is if you have your highest bid submitted right away, but close enough to auction end that no one has time to react to it. When I say "react", I don't consider bids that were also pre-scheduled, but arrived after yours to be reaction.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response. You said somewhere here that with the mirror service the success rate for bids is 100%. Would that hold true for both the main and mirror bidding set for 3 seconds, or is 3 seconds still risky even with the mirror service? Thanks again!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 3 seconds is sligthly more risky, but with two servers the risk is still negligible. Note, however, that my opinion is that there is no benefit at all in using 3-seconds snipes, except for the thrill of it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

32555dancing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: mirror service Reply with quote

May i know the difference between 3sec and 6sec mirror service. Does it mean the bid is submitted in the last 3sec and 6sec.

Confused about the system please help
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32555dancing,

The offset that you set for a snipe is the amount of time before the end of the auction that the relevant server tries to place the bid for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.