Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Snipe didn't work?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Snipe didn't work? Reply with quote

Hi all - just tried to snipe using this service on a Logitech G25 at one of the online stores?

I put in my max bid at $240.00 (didn't type in the $ sign though) (when there was 5 mins until the auction ended)

At 2mins remaining - I clicked Edit and change it to 243.20 and clicked Add - but it didn't update - it still showed $240

As it turns out - I didn't win the auction - but for some reason the winning bid was $239.53 or some other cent value - which was below my initial bid of $240.

Can anyone explain this - did I put my bid in too late or something?
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two things that went wrong here:

1. You tried to change your bid 2 minutes before the auction ended. Bids cannot be entered or changed during the last two minutes of an auction. They must be entered or changed before that.

2. Your bid of $240 was less than a bid increment greater than the earlier bid of $239.53. See the answer to I entered a bid of $101.00, but the winning bid was $100.00 and Gixen says BID UNDER ASKING PRICE. What happened? in the FAQ.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. If the bids get too close right at the end I'll have to do it the manual way Smile
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good strategy. In fact, if you are bidding on an item that you just have to have, it is recommended that you send in a manual bid along with Gixen's. There is no danger of a conflict and the redundancy is extra insurance that your bid registers on eBay.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.