Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Unfair pricing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theskintman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Unfair pricing Reply with quote

I've just enjoyed reading a few rants in the impressions section.

I've been using Gixen since 2007 and have just renewed my mirror account.

$6? It's ridiculous. It should be at least $10. I didn't pay $11 for two years as I feel that's taking even more of an advantage of Mario's generosity.

Mario, thanks for providing such an excellent tool at such great value. Thanks also to Cupid for his eternal help on the forums.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wonder how long a price of $6 per year can be sustainable... I'm sure the Gixen Mirror user base increases year on year... I imagine that, at present, that increase is keeping up with the undoubted increase in the cost of the facilities used by the site.

There must come a point where the price will need to increase a bit though.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user base seems to have stopped growing. In fact, I see slightly less traffic (5% or so) than a year ago. Not sure if I did something wrong compared to competition, if the decline is a result of recent ebay problems (I am sure this deterred many users from using sniping), or ebay itself is in slight decline.

I intend to add an important new feature soon - ability to see historical listings which they sniped, including saved listing description and an image. I hope this will add some value to mirror and entice more users to subscribe.

At the same time that's the answer to the suggestion the price is too low. While the price has been the same since 2007 I prefer not to raise the price but to increase the mirror subscriber base, if at all possible.
Autosnipe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree mario offers excellent value for money for the gixen community

I would like to make a bid increment javascript much like the Enter GBP 800.00 or more, would stop a lot of why did i lose this item because i dont understand bid increments
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject:

SYL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be useful to offer a warning regarding bid increments, depending on the maximum bid you offer. The reason is that many people probably bid round amounts ($100, $200, $300, etc.) as their maximum, so it might be strategic to make a max bid that is 1 increment higher.

For example, let's say I want to bid 'about' $500 max for an item. After I hit submit, Gixen would set that bid, but could also suggest that the next highest bid is $510.

Obviously this info is readily available, but might be an extra something to draw users. Just an idea-
bigun62

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: unfair pricing Reply with quote

After using AuctionSniper for years $6 bucks is nothing. I spent hundres in the years I used Auction Sniper Smile javascript:emoticon('Smile')
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.