Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

cancel gixen bids if shipping price changes (goes up) ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeemirsky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: cancel gixen bids if shipping price changes (goes up) ? Reply with quote

Hello, I ran into a new problem for me, which is that the seller changed (increased) the shipping price, I didn't notice, and my gixen bid went through anyway. I see people have requested shipping be part of the software here, and I understand it's hard to do-- but what about an option to cancel a bid / snipe if the seller increases, or even just changes in any way, the shipping cost? Maybe an option in the 'settings'...

Maybe not a big deal (just a few bucks in this case)... but I figured maybe it's a simple thing to implement... thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is possible to track changes to an Ebay auction at a descriptive level... The problem would be, first that it is unlikely to be used by very many, and the work involved in tracking it would probably not be worthwhile... however, probably more significantly it would likely generate quite a few false positives... for instance if you live in the US and the auction is placed by a US seller, if the seller changed their international selling options that would be detected as a change to the shipping options, it would not affect what you were prepared to bid and yet with your option the snipe would be cancelled as a result.

Nevertheless, you raise a recognised problem with sniping that has been discussed here before, with no real solution suggested up till now... another suggestion, that people have made in the past, has been to place early low bids on items that have none when you are setting up your snipe, because after the item has bids the seller is prevented from changing the listing in any way that materially affects the bid you might place.
skeemirsky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, that's a good suggestion. I am never sure about putting in the first low bid, since sometimes that starts to generate "action" on the item... then again sometimes the first low bid is like a "claim" on the item (like when a seller has many of the same thing listed). But it does prevent the seller from changing things. Anyway, I've been eBaying for years and this is the first time it came up. thanks-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.