Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Please make the 1 and 2 sec offset option.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guyi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Please make the 1 and 2 sec offset option. Reply with quote

I just came from Ezsniper because it's so expensive.

I used to have 1 sec offset there, it works perfectly.

And I DID miss an auction for having 3sec offset before.

I WILL take the risk of missing an auction.

having 1 sec offset =(leads to) either: 1. you get it with lower price. 2. you miss the auction

having 3 sec offset =(leads to) either: 1. you get it with higher price. 2. you still get it with lower price, as no one really want to compete with you, which means this item is not that (good/worth the money/rare) anyway, or hopefully all other bidder who desperately want it don't know sniping services or manual snipe at all. 3. you miss the auction

Comparing to the apparently discernible results from these 2 different offsets value and I should state it again, that I WILL take the risk to have a 1 sec offset.

And a thing that may not be worth mentioning, I've already brought the mirror, I want this website help me with ebay auctions in the long run. And if that shows my sincerity, please think of and implement this opinion.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Later bids also make it more likely that you will lose the auction for a price lower than you are prepared to pay.

This is due the price rising during the last few seconds when other snipers bid earlier than this prospective very late bid, and then the bid increment rule on Ebay prevents your bid being registered at all if it is not more than a bid increment above the auction price in that last second.

Personally I have a default offset that is more than most automatic snipers and only ever increase it under circumstances where the bidding approaches the maximum I am willing to pay.

6 seconds is not enough time for someone to react to a bid, let alone the 3 seconds that is available to Mirror subscribers. The only bids that come in the last few seconds are those that other bidders were prepare to make whether or not you make an bid, and the most successful strategy with those bids is to bid before them, not after.

On Ebay it is always the highest accepted bid that wins, not the last.
guyi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm just concerning that 3 sec is plenty for an upset out-bidder who's watching the page to make another bid.

Even I have higher maximum bid, it will raise the final price.

3 sec is physically sufficient. Especially if you're prepared..
guyi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, prepared here means typing the number and click place bid first, and put mouse on confirm.

But yes what you said does made me feel more comfortable about it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put yourself in the position of that person that is 'prepared'.

They are sitting there waiting for you to bid, knowing that they have not placed their highest bid.

If they have any kind of network issue they are going to miss out and not get their highest bid registered.

After that happens a few times they are going to realise that it is much more productive for them either to place their highest bid earlier or schedule it with a service like Gixen... and save all that time wasted sitting at the computer and rushing back to be there at the right moment.

Sniping is all about eliminating the reaction of a bidder that is NOT 'prepared'... and making snipes later than six seconds does not help in that aim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.