Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How editing list items is presented

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trnbob

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: How editing list items is presented Reply with quote

Hi Mario et all: I have been successfully importing Watch Lists for some time now, and am using Mirror. For example, I just imported a list with about 12 items, which all (properly) show up in the Gixen list, colored yellow, with $0.00 bids entered. What is a problem is two aspects of when I edit an item to activate it as a Gixen bid.....

(1) When I tell Gixen to 'edit' an item, Gixen pops it down to the bottom of the list. When there, there is only the item number, none of the description is carried down (no title, no text).....it is unsettling since there is no assurance I am setting the bid on the proper item (EBay item nos. by themselved really have no meaning to the typical user). At a minimum, the first few words of the item title would be reassuring to prevent mistakes.

(2) The process of 'popping the item to the bottom' and then 'popping it back up' to the middle of the list is itself very annoying, particularly when repeated 12 times in a row, or so. Is there any way to (a) simply highlight the item being edited and edit the fields in place? (or) (b) expand that one item in place, so it is obvious which one is being edited? Thereby avoiding having the screen shifting up/down so much. I recognize there is an issue with Gixen knowing when the editing is finished......but that is necessary and unavoidable regardless of the presentation of editing the item.......

Thanks for the continued great support, and I sincerely hope the Captcha;s let me enter this msg. this time, instead of giving up and losing it as often occurs. Regards, trnbob 12:46 pm 6/14/14
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you are asking for quite a lot of work here... as think different technology would be required for the implementation that you would prefer for the web user interface.

You might, however, prefer the interface provided by the Gixen Desktop Manager... though I think that is actually more time consuming for what you are trying to do.
2newspeedracer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How editing list items is presented Reply with quote

[quote="trnbob"]Hi Mario et all: I have been successfully importing Watch Lists for some time now, and am using Mirror. For example, I just imported a list with about 12 items, which all (properly) show up in the Gixen list, colored yellow, with $0.00 bids entered.

Confused
Columns no longer show colors for winning or losing.
What happened?
Need this feature
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.