Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Batch entry mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Batch entry mode Reply with quote

Is there a way to enter multiple items on one page instead of one at a time?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest to what you are describing is the download and upload options announced here:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3499

There is also an 'Upload Tool' under the 'Tools' menu in the Gixen Desktop Manager, which I believe takes the same format file.
Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cupid or Mario:

I haven't tried to do import auction items using a .CSV file yet (hopefully the if I download the file and keep the same format & order, it will work for the upload).

Anyway, my question and suggestion is this: Is it possible to edit a lot of items at once time. For example, I usually add items in my "Watch List" on eBay and then import them into Gixen.

Now that I have all in Gixen, is there a way to MASS edit them so that I can specify that I want all of these items to go into "Group 1" and want a maximum price of "$X.XX" for them all. This would be extremely useful because I'm looking to purchase a particular type of item (hence, they are all grouped together) and have a maximum that I'm willing to pay in mind.

Currently, I'll have to edit each entry individually in Gixen (I've tried to look for a mass edit feature on both the website & the desktop program, but don't think it's possible). As you can imagine, having to edit each individual auction in Gixen takes quite a lot of time. Is there any way to implement a mass edit in the near future?

I've been impressed with the program so far and I hope it continues to improve for easier functionality.

Thanks,

~ Im2bz2p345 Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im2bz2p345, no mass editing, except CSV export/edit/import, or automate it with Gixen API (programming skills needed).
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject:

Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Im2bz2p345, no mass editing, except CSV export/edit/import, or automate it with Gixen API (programming skills needed).

Thanks for the quick followup mario. Is there any way you can implement this type of feature in the future? I know on the back end, it will require a lot of changes to the coding, but it will put the Gixen service in line with other popular eBay sniping standalone programs out there.

I'm sure you're probably extremely busy with the general upkeep of the site, bug fixes, updates, etc.. just think this feature would enhance things A LOT from a general user standpoint.

I'm guessing almost everbody that uses Gixen has MULTIPLE items they are trying to bid on, so you would see instant gratification & positive feedback/reviews.

Thanks again,

~ Im2bz2p345 Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally the likelihood of something being implemented is dependent on how often it is asked for... this feature has been requested before but not often.

I think, at the moment, the most requested extra features are related to being able to sort items by group rather than by the ending time (plus the addition of shipping costs to the display, but that is unlikely ever to happen because it is impossible to do it accurately enough).
Newbie12345

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to feature. Or atleast part of it.
The mass edit price function would be great!
For example tomorrow I have about 20 similar auctions ending that I would all like to bid the same price on. Instead of editing 20 items with the same price (after watchlist import) I would like to select them all and just have edit the price 1 time. Would save considerable time.

Being able to add them into groups would not benefit me, but I can see that would be a nice followup feature for most other users.
Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:

Hi Mario - I have now paid for Gixen mirror service and tried to export my items into a CSV file.

There are 3 columns without headers, so I don't know what each one signifies.

Does it go: Item Number, Max Bid Amount, Group ??

Also, let's say that I import a bunch of item's from the CSV by mistake. Why isn't there a way to simply select all the items and delete them (by pressing the Red X button) from the web interface?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

~ Im2bz2p345 Smile
Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might consider adding the CSV column format in this section (under the "Settings" options):

"Export/download your snipes in a CSV format: Export

Import your snipes from a CSV file:"

Just a suggestion since I don't have a clue how other people would figure out what the columns mean.

~ Im2bz2p345 Smile
Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im2bz2p345 wrote:

Also, let's say that I import a bunch of item's from the CSV by mistake. Why isn't there a way to simply select all the items and delete them (by pressing the Red X button) from the web interface?

Oops, looks like that I spoke to soon. I just noticed this under in the Import/Export part of the Settings:

"Delete all your scheduled snipes (Warning: do not click on this button unless you mean it, this action is final):"

I guess that should take care of my question regarding how to delete all items if you accidentally imported a bunch of unwanted items.

Just need some clarification on the CSV columns is all...

Thanks,

~ Im2bz2p345 Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You specified the order of column correctly. This is easy to verify, however - export and import formats are the same, so if you add an item manually and then export it you can see the order.
Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
You specified the order of column correctly. This is easy to verify, however - export and import formats are the same, so if you add an item manually and then export it you can see the order.

Great! Thanks for the quick followup mario. I was able to get the CSV import/export to work correctly.

My last question is: when you export the file, is it the same order that you added the items to your Watch List?

OR

Is it the order as they appear on the Gixen snipe page (when it sorted by time ending soonest)?

From some testing, it seems that it gets exported in the order that I added the items to my Watch List on eBay. Just want to confirm though.

Thanks for all of your continued efforts on answering question/responding to suggestions/and improving Gixen for the end users!

~ Im2bz2p345 Smile
Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*which is sorted by time ending soonest
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it matters what order you have them in for an Import.

Does it make any difference if there is any order at all, for an Export?
Im2bz2p345

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I don't think it matters what order you have them in for an Import.

Does it make any difference if there is any order at all, for an Export?

Hi Cupid,

It matters. Why?

Because there is no "shipping cost" that automatically gets pulled anywhere on Gixen, I am not going to manually look up each item's shipping cost.

The way that I do is: Do a search on ebay, sort items on ebay by price + shipping, add a bunch of items to my watch list that have free shipping as an option (and an overall lower price). Prior to getting Gixen mirror, I was manually grouping these items and setting a max big amount of these items.

Then later on, I would go back to my ebay search and add items to my watch list which were higher priced overall (shipping wasn't free on these).

So if the export that comes from Gixen is sorted by time ending first instead of in the order that I added them to my watchlist, do you now see how I cannot simply set a max bid amount for all the items?

~ Im2bz2p345 Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the code, the export list is not sorted at all, whatever order the database returns. Which probably means the order in which they were added to Gixen, or order in which they were edited (oldest first), but not guaranteed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.