Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Failure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside-the-boxx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Failure Reply with quote

I am disappointed, not only in the developer of this software (mario?) but also in the community that seems to love Gixen so much.

I researched this sniper and it seemed legit, the very basic webpage seemed crude but I didnt need anything complicated. So I set my chosen countries to UK and did my settings etc. placed my snipe (N: 111304997595) and set it to bid up to GBP 21.

The bidding ended at GBP 18.99 with no sign of my bid whatsoever. With the error message being 'LISTING REMOVED', the listing was not removed, and it ended at the exact time it said it had for the last week I was watching it. Obviously I have not lost out on a big expensive item, but I found a good deal that I needed and wanted to test this service with a small snipe.

It's safe to say I will be changing my ebay password, and never returning to Gixen. Keep your wits about you prospective Gixen users.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the listing is still available on Ebay.

Obviously I do not know what went wrong with this snipe.

However I would like to attest that failures that Gixen technology could and should avoid are rare, at about 1 in 200 on a single server.. much less on a Mirror subscription. Obviously that also means that around 1 in 200 new users testing the free version will likely experience a failure at their first attempt. Even with that in mind your failure does appear somewhat unusual though, I personally have never seen a 'LISTING REMOVED' status or error here on Gixen... Even though I have experienced cases where the listing was removed by Ebay... not for some years on something I have an active snipe left at the original ending time of the auction though.

I can also assure you that your credentials are at absolutely no danger of compromise, once the snipe is removed there is not even a recoverable record of what your password was recorded on the Gixen servers, that was a commitment made, and kept, by Mario from the very start of this service many years ago.
ALWAYSSNIPING

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: DISAPPOINTMENT ACCEPTED Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
FACT - SOMETIMES VERY MINOR GLITCHES HAPPEN - IN MY EXPERIENCE ON GIXEN ONLY ONCE SINCE 2008 AND I USE GIXEN DAILY.
FACT - ANY QUESTIONS I HAVE HAD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED PROMPTLY AND HONESTLY BY MARIO.
FACT - NO ONE, PROSPECTIVE OR OTHERWISE NEEDS TO KEEP THEIR WITS ABOUT THEM - GIXEN DOES IT FOR YOU.
FACT - SO MUCH LOVE HERE FOR GIXEN BECAUSE IT'S DESERVED.
FACT - GIXEN ROCKS.
FACT - MARIO ROCKS.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside-the-boxx, my apology, the response Gixen received was mis-interpreted, the listing was not removed. However, something was wrong nevertheless, as ebay displayed additional login screens for your account. At this point, I am not sure why. Have you successfully sniped any other items?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.