Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

need help getting started

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cb4ubuy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: need help getting started Reply with quote

Is the 6 second snip the recommended default? All I need to do is paste the auction number in the box and fill in the bid box?
Does Gixen log us out automatically when we leave the site?

thanks in advance sincerely, yes I really want to know what I am doing wrong? Finally figured out if I persisted in hitting submit that my post would go through. Nancy
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 seconds is the default offset and represents a good compromise.

Some (like myself) believe a larger offset achieves slightly better results and others think that a smaller offset is better... there is no definitive or correct answer to the question as to which is best... which is why for Mirror subscribers there are options to change the defaults and/or the offset for individual snipes.

Yes, all that is required is the auction number, your maximum bid and a press of the 'Add' button.

You are not logged in to Ebay when you log in to Gixen, that usually only happens when the bid is about to be placed at the end of the auction.

You remain logged in to Gixen until you either press the 'Logout' button near the top right, or the session times out. There is no requirement that you log out of the site though.

The forum software does have a few idiosyncrasies, but I find a little persistence has always achieved the results I desire and expect.
cb4ubuy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, I just snipe bid for the 1st time in 2 years!
I appreciate the explaining = yes to my 3 questions would have been easy.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always think that if a question is asked then there may be others that have the same question and would like it answered... so, I hope, that a little extra explanation is not wasted effort for their benefit.

Anyway, the short answer to your questions was not yes to all three... it was 'it depends, you also have to press the 'Add' button, no'.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:20 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.