Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Buy-It-Now support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stantonius_maximus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Buy-It-Now support Reply with quote

It would be very useful if BIN-only items were supported, with the only option being the BIN price or 0 (0 so you can have it in the Gixen list but not buy it for you unless you decide you're ready).

The main use case for this would be when an item is listed for, say, $100, has an Or-Best-Offer option, and you submit an offer of $90 or whatever, but are actually willing to pay $100 for it. You could submit the offer, put the $100 BIN option in Gixen, and either have the offer accepted and buy it that way, or have Gixen go ahead and pay out the $100 if the item is still available by the time its listing ends.

A second use case would be as a last resort in bid groups, as long as you have the higher-but-acceptably priced BIN item as the latest one of the bidding sequence. E.g. bid $5 on an item today, $3 on a duplicate item tomorrow if you don't win the $5 one today, and BIN a similar item for $8 the day after if you lose both auctions.

You could use a different color (green?) for BIN items in the Gixen list.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it would be useful in some instances (especially as a last resort in bid groups), but I think it's a relatively rare case. I will think about it though.
radioactive21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: can be troublesome Reply with quote

I think if I was Mark, it would be a headache, because people wouldnt use this correctly and end up having BIN on very expensive items being bought or mistakenly executed. Unlike bids, where there is a chance you can still get away if you accidentally bid, with BIN not so much.

If you set it wrong, you can do some serious damage to your self. Meaning somehow execute a bunch of BIN, and those BIN were expensive items, which would hurt badly.

Unless I am not seeing something, I feel its one of those things where a lot of users wont get it right, and it can do a lot of self inflicting drama for the user.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point, that people might make a mistake in adding BIN items... I think that because of that the implementation would need to be thought about carefully... For instance it might be required that an amount equivalent to the BIN or above it be entered in order for that item to be added to Gixen... if, for instance, a lower amount, or no amount at all, were allowed but then the BIN price was taken after the rest of a Group were executed then I think the chances of people getting unexpected results would indeed be increased.

I noticed that the original suggestion includes the clause that only the BIN price or 0 should be allowed, I think my first paragraph perhaps extends that slightly, or maybe just confuses it Wink... I certainly agree, with everyone, that just allowing it to be added with any amount and having it execute is not a desirable behaviour.

I would also suggest that Gixen should normally only automatically execute a BIN when it is the last active item in a Group.... it should not execute it just before it is about to expire (though I note that one of the original use cases does require that)... there should perhaps be a separate way to cause it to be executed, perhaps an extra button on the BIN entry.

A BIN could, perhaps, be made to execute just before it expired if it was only ever the only item in a Group... i.e. no other item was ever added to that Group while the BIN was active.

It would have to be considered whether two BINs were allowed in a Group... and if so what the algorithm would be to choose which to execute when only BINs remained in the Group... the cheapest that is still active perhaps?

In any case, I also agree, that if they were to be allowed they should have a different highlight to make them stand out from normal snipes, since they would have to act differently to the way auctions are processed by Gixen in many ways.

There may be other issues, I have not thought through all possible cases yet ... it's something that has been touched on in the past... I think primarily someone wanted it added to the API so that they could get Gixen to buy things from Ebay via that automated route rather than them having to implement a completely separate route for such items themselves.

I think we would also need to see higher demand for this feature before the work involved would be justified... so, if you also want this feature, this is the thread on which to post your thoughts/support or if you think there are more issues than already highlighted your objections to it....

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject:

KpalimeGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:13 am    Post subject: Support for Buy-It-Now Reply with quote

I would like to be able to list BIN items in Gixen, but only because I have Mirror and I regularly use the comments section. I use the Gixen comments section to compare similar items. Once I was ready to buy, I'd probably go straight to eBay in most cases.
dealhunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: For BIN Reply with quote

If you're looking for software that displays BIN, uBuyFirst does this really well. It's for newly listed buy it now items... Not sniping. Gixen and uBuyFirst win me a lot of deals every month Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.