Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

My 1st experience with Gixen, not good

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: My 1st experience with Gixen, not good Reply with quote

I guess I'm not understanding how this works so could someone explain? I was just testing to see how this works so I chose some earrings up for auction for $0.97 with NO bids. I bid $1.01 last night but the earrings sold to someone else a little while ago for $0.97, so what did I do wrong?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bid increment in that price rage is 0.05 as shown here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html

so when there is a bid of $0.97 the minimum bid that Ebay will accept is $1.02.

When Gixen came to submit your bid of $1.01 it will have been refused by Ebay and the resulting status would be 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE'.

The result would have been the same if you had tried to submit that bid normally, so this is not a failing in Gixen, it is exactly what you would expect to happen and not unusual at all.

I think it would be wise to take a little more time to familiarise yourself with how Ebay bidding works so that things like this do not surprise you in the future.
Carol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: My 1st bid Reply with quote

Thank, I'll try again. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.