Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Option for date display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkzero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Option for date display Reply with quote

I find remaining auction time displays very frustrating. I'm always interested in the day and time of day they are happening, not how far away they are.

Any possibility of providing an option to display the day, date and time of the auction instead of the remaining time?
newbie12345

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer time left myself. Especially with all the international auctions.
So if it is changed then it better to make it an option so that everybody can choose Smile
darkozero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbie12345 wrote:
I prefer time left myself. Especially with all the international auctions.
So if it is changed then it better to make it an option so that everybody can choose Smile

Yes, that's the idea, to make it an option.

I assume that international auctions would be displayed in the user's local time (or at least hope they would be) so they wouldn't be any different.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen having to work out what your local time is (which time zone you are in) might be a problem though.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Gixen having to work out what your local time is (which time zone you are in) might be a problem though.

You should be able to get it from the browser, but short of that an option for local timezone offset would work.

I'm not sure it's important though, there doesn't seem to be many people who want finish time besides me.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why time left is shown is to avoid confusion when the auction ends in user's local time. Why is showing local end time in Gixen so important to you? eBay doesn't show it either, only time left and end time in PST/PDT (on ebay.com).
darkzero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
The reason why time left is shown is to avoid confusion when the auction ends in user's local time. Why is showing local end time in Gixen so important to you? eBay doesn't show it either, only time left and end time in PST/PDT (on ebay.com).

I don't care about local time (that was a digression) since all my auctions are US based, I care about displaying the finish time instead of time left.

In my case I buy a lot of stuff for local pickup and I need to book a car to pick it up. They have a 7 day time limit for pickups and I can only go Monday to Thursday. I try to pick up as many auctions at once and go only once a week. Pickup numbers, which allow you to do the pickup, are handed out only during business hours. So time left is just frustrating when trying to figure out the best day to do the pickup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.