Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miscelworld

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET Reply with quote

I did not win this auction although my max bid was much higher than the winning bid. I got that message in gixen "AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET". The auction number is 250157229379. Please explain as I do not really feel like using your services again... I am pretty disapointed Sad
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellers can block bids in a number of ways, not having a Paypal account linked to your eBay id is a common one, having a low feedback score, or having non paying bidder strikes against you.

If it were me I would contact the seller (mixman_ling) via the 'Ask seller a question' link on the auction page and ask what restrictions they put on this auction explaining that you tried to bid but were not able to, and that you would like to avoid the problem happening in the future.

I think that this is very unlikely to be a problem with gixen, and that if you had manually tried to enter a bid on this auction it would also have failed/not have been possible.

If the seller tries to help but can't provide an explanation, please come back and let us know.

Good luck ... it is in your interests to find the cause as this is likely to happen again, whether you bid manually or with any sniping service or software.
miscelworld

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a verified Paypal account... this is the only way I pay for everything I buy. I have 25 positive feedback, zero negative or neutral... I do not see any reason why it did not work. I contacted the seller but did not get any feedback. Anyway, I can not take the risk this happens again so I won't use your services anymore...
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say 'verified' do you mean that you have your bank account linked to it and your address details verified on the Paypal account?... If so thats not the same as having it registered against your eBay account, you have to do that on eBay.

Sorry to lose you, as I say I'm pretty sure your problem has nothing to do with gixen and when you find you have a problem bidding on eBay you'll then be able to find out where the problem lies, sort it out and then use sniping services without any concerns.

I should perhaps make it clear that you have been talking to another user just like yourself, I'm not the owner of the service, Mario is. Only Mario knows how it really works.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miscelworld wrote:
I do have a verified Paypal account... this is the only way I pay for everything I buy. I have 25 positive feedback, zero negative or neutral... I do not see any reason why it did not work. I contacted the seller but did not get any feedback. Anyway, I can not take the risk this happens again so I won't use your services anymore...

I'm sorry to hear that, but I assure you that you would get identical response had you bid manually. There is a reason you got this message, and while Gixen is not able to identify what it is (ebay doesn't display a reason), the outcome is identical as with the manual bidding.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miscelworld wrote:
I do not see any reason why it did not work. I contacted the seller but did not get any feedback.

OK here is a positive suggestion if this kind of occurence worries you, if the auction is well below what you are prepared to pay first enter a manual bid on eBay that is just one increment above the current price, that is the minimum you are allowed to bid at that stage, don't worry if that bid is immediately outbid by eBays proxy process... if the bid is placed successfully you then know that you are able to bid on the auction and you have only pushed the price up a small amount, unfortunately you have registered an interest in the auction, but there's a small price to pay for all reasurance...

If the bid is not successful you then have time to contact the seller and find out what restictions they have placed on the auction, whether you (or the seller) can do anything to allow your bid or whether you need to move on and find an alternative item to bid on.

Then you can set up a snipe for the true maximum that you are prepared to pay. Make sure you use the same eBay id for this, if you have more than one, this ensures that if you are by this stage the high bidder and no one else places a bid before the end of the auction you will not pay a penny more than your first bid!. In this way you are certain that you will not have this error after the auction finishes. I hope that is useful to someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.