Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

snipes set up, but bids weren't place and could have won!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportsymca

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: snipes set up, but bids weren't place and could have won! Reply with quote

I set up several bids last night and none of them were placed and I lost them all. I hadn't bid on them on ebay at all, and was completely banking on gixen sniping to win the bids. I am wondering if you have any idea why they weren't placed. On the one item I did win last week by sniping, I had already bid on it on ebay before setting up a snipe. Is it a prerequisite that I first make a bid on ebay before setting up a snipe? Question
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportsymca wrote:
Is it a prerequisite that I first make a bid on ebay before setting up a snipe?

No, of course not... Let me investigate what happened here...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see 2 scheduled bids and they are both pending. Can you please post or email me item numbers you are talking about?
sportsymca

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: snipes set up, but bids weren't place and could have won! Reply with quote

I deleted them... There was a red and white dress, a pink blouse, and a few other items. I'll save the info if it happens again.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: snipes set up, but bids weren't place and could have won!

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do... if it happens again contact me and don't delete items.
cross3_16

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it's always annoying when bids don't go, keep in mind that you can never know if you would have won. You may have set up a bid higher than the winning bid, but your bid still may have been less than the winner's maximum bid.

Mario, have bid's been failing more frequently lately or have I just been reading the support forum more regularly?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cross3_16 wrote:
Mario, have bid's been failing more frequently lately or have I just been reading the support forum more regularly?

I think it's several things:

1) More users using Gixen now, so more snipes fail. Percentage of failed snipes is still the same though (in absence of incidents such as ebay software updates).
2) Recent ebay software update wasn't a good thing at all for Gixen. In addition to snipes that failed directly because of it, I had to cancel all the grouped snipes (500 of them).
3) The main server got rebooted once recently.

Things look stable now though.
sywl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Used this great service before without any issues.
In the last few days, I've tried to snipe two items, and it looks that for all two I have made no bids -- 170142879665 and 170142507090

Any ideas what's going on??
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one, 170142507090, your bid is 27.38, and the winning bid is 27.50. The second one, 170142879665, your bid 27.99, and the winning bid is 27.50.

In the first case, your bid is clearly lower than the current bid, so ebay would not accept it. In the second auction, your bid is lower than the current bid + bid increment, so your bid was again under ebay asking price at the time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.