Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New To Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanadianWeasel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: New To Gixen Reply with quote

New to Gixen, trying it out for the first time this evening. I probably won't win the auction, but I'm just too damned cheap to pay more than I am willing to.

What is the story behind the name "Gixen"?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not cheap not to pay for something you don't have to pay for. It's common sense. Besides, it's not bargain either to pay 1% on big items like a car, and people have won those using Gixen.

I was wondering when someone will finally ask about the name Smile.

There is no big story. Several years ago I was trying to find a domain name that's short and easy to memorize. Gixen is the shortest domain name I could find at the time. There is no meaning to the name, and no known brand name. So it was convenient.
noyopacific

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: New to Gixen Reply with quote

I could have sworn I saw a Subject line in the Forum a couple of days ago about un-edited reviews of the competition. Maybe I am mistaken or possibly you decided that this was asking for trouble. Anyway, I had been using another web based sniping service for a couple years. It worked fine for me, had some nice features like thumbnail images, extensive records of past bids & no limit on the number of bids. I sometimes place very low bids on numerous similar items. I get outbid on these most of the time but when I win a bid, it is at a very low price. Anyway, besides the fact that it is free, I really appreciate Gixen's neat, clean, easy to follow layout. The 10 bid limit has not been a problem so far but if it were, I still have a few bucks on deposit with the other service. I've scored on 4 bids now with Gixen. 3 of them were very low bids which is a big improvement on my record. Thank you for the service & GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I changed my mind on invitation to discuss competition (not because I don't want them mentioned here, rather because that may cause all kinds of different problems). You can still say anything you like, I have no reason (thus far) to censor anything (no links in the forum though), I just don't want to initiate it myself.

As for the 10-simultaneous snipes limitation, you can lift this if you link Gixen from a web page you control. This way you help Gixen more then you possibly could in any other way. And you also help yourself - I'd hate to see anyone paying for sniping when Gixen is around.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject:

doncolton

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Please make Help Gixen page more available Reply with quote

As a new user, I am impressed with Gixen and have made a link to it, but cannot find the "Help Gixen" page so I can register my link with you. Could you please make the "Help Gixen" page available somewhere, maybe at the bottom of the list of auctions that I am bidding on?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't see it in the first 24 hours.
After that you have a chance 50% when you log in, so if you don't see it right away, log in / log out couple of times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.