Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

best time to sell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mahogany54

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: best time to sell Reply with quote

Can you tell me when the best time is to sell an item please
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have anything to do with sniping?

I'm sorry, I can't see how anyone here is supposed to be able to answer that question.
differentdevelopments

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: best time to sell Reply with quote

For a ten day auction list Thurs night. Gets two weekends of exposure.
mymojo79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: best time to sell Reply with quote

mahogany54 wrote:
Can you tell me when the best time is to sell an item please

I remember reading somewhere that for a 7-day auction, starting at Sunday at 5:00pm PST was the best.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: best time to sell

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: best time to sell Reply with quote

mymojo79 wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that for a 7-day auction, starting at Sunday at 5:00pm PST was the best.

That is certainly the most popular time... but not necessarily the 'best' for either the seller or the buyer.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most traffic happens on Sunday and Monday, in my experience. So either one of these two days is a good choice for the auction end time. Time of day also matters. I would always choose afternoon, e.g. 3-4pm Eastern time.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience higher prices are achieved by using 7 or 10 day auctions rather that 1, 3 or 5 day ones.

In addition prices are higher when pictures are provided (and are accurate not just stock photos), and when the description is good, full and accurate.

Finally reaching the widest audience, e.g by offering International shipping and/or multi lingual support and keywords, also increases the overall profit.

When the auction actually ends is of much less significance than any of those.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:25 am; edited 2 times in total
cb4ubuy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: auction ending time Reply with quote

I am very convinced Mario's Sun Mon are best Tue is 2nds best IMO also selling advice from Cupid is easily most important. eBay has advised in the past that free shipping is desirable. I know when I shop free ship catches my attn: I used to believe people could or would value my low shipping. When that didn't seem to happen I decided to use free or set price shipping.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think you are right, shipping price is also important... those that offer higher priced shipping options definitely tend to sell at lower prices... and in addition seem to have to re-list over and over again at lower and lower starting prices, eventually selling at a lower price than could have been achieved much earlier with a more realistic shipping quote.

Trying to make more profit from different buyer groups doesn't seem to work out well either... for example free shipping domestically but over priced international shipping just seems to make international bidders think they are getting an even worse deal than they are... so a range of shipping options tends to appeal to a wider range of buyers and hence bring more interest to an auction, resulting in higher finishing prices... but even more important higher turnover and higher profit on the transactions made.
mymojo79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: best sell end time Reply with quote

I just had a pleasant selling experience with an end date of Sunday 5pm PST. I started it 7 days ago with starting price $29.99 and a Buy It Now of $54.99. It didn't do much for the first 3 days, but 2 different bidders got into what must have been an emotional bidding war, because the final selling price was $107.50. I offered free shipping. It also doesn't hurt that I have 100% feedback, which is probably another huge factor.

eBay item #301072399761
mymojo79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: best sell end time Reply with quote

mymojo79 wrote:
I just had a pleasant selling experience with an end date of Sunday 5pm PST.

Typo...end time was Friday, Jan 24 at 5pm PST (8pm EST). I'm thinking Cupid is probably right that end time is not that significant, it is more important that end time is afternoon/evening in the United States and not in the middle of the night. It gives you the best chance to have a bidding war break out.

Now if the 2 bidders used gixen, I'd probably be out of luck. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.