Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Autosnipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buyzing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Gixen Autosnipe Reply with quote

Hi

As of today the gixen autosnipe link is no longer appearing on the ebay.co.uk product pages. I think this is something to do with a URL change. I use Firefox 15.0.1.

e.g. for item no 280965612452
the URL is
h**p://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Netgear-Wireless-G-Router-WGR614-/280965612452?pt=UK_Computing_Wireless_Routers&hash=item416adb03a4

Thanks.

Chris
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

That is interesting... I've been trying to get someone to explain how they get to having these links...

When I search for it or put it in my watch list and the access it the url I get is:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280965612452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Can you explain how you get the one that you posted, please?

I think we need to know how to reproduce your link so that we can explain to Keith how he might test this.

Is it by browsing categories on eBay first and then selecting an item?
Keith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with both the links posted please check you have removed all previous versions and you are using the latest script

Latest Version!
http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5913

Thanks,
Keith
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah sorry Keith... didn't think of that... must admit I don't have it installed so I can't test it... I am rather set in my ways using the Gixen website direct to enter my snipes... it's probably just because I'm so used to doing it that way... though I do also have an aversion to anything that might make my browsing a bit slower... I know many, many users really appreciate your script as it makes things much easier for them.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject:

Autosnipe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid,

A bit of topic but I have done some tests for you Smile

718ms (0.718 sec) to launch Firefox without greasemonkey

812ms (0.812 sec) to launch Firefox with greasemonkey

Also greasemonkey renders the page after it has been loaded so it doesn't slow down the page just uses a few more cpu cycles on pages that have greasemonkey script running on them.

All the best,
Keith
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the info... OK you've talked me into it... I'll get it installed when I get a moment... I think I should at least try it then I can be more informative about it here if anyone asks...

Thanks again,

Mark
buyzing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks.

All is well again with latest version of autosnipe - I had been using an outdated version.

Position of the snipe link is different - so must have been a page formatting issue.

Re how I get those 2 specific links. I search for "netgear" with some specific filters applied (it is actually a saved search) and then from the results page, I click on the item - which then brings up the item page with the specific URL.

Thanks again.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.