Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

First time use was failure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncswingwing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: First time use was failure Reply with quote

First time used after using trial of others for pay. Interface convoluted and confusing but finally got snipe bids placed with mirror. Placed bid which was $200 over final selling price but got this error message: EBAY ERROR: LOGIN TIMEOUT (2) I lost other snipe bids by under bidding but they always went through. Like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for and even with mirror option my really desired purchase walked away 200 less than I was willing to pay. NOT HAPPY!!!!!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the item number? I would like to see what happened. This shouldn't have happened with mirror unless ebay had a problem at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
What is the item number? I would like to see what happened. This shouldn't have happened with mirror unless ebay had a problem at the time.

I'm trying out the sniper right now. You're an awesome person. Honestly. Creating a product with minimal capitalistic goals. You're an inspiration to be a better person Very Happy
ruzmina2010

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: My first uses were failures too Reply with quote

I placed two test bids for items using Gixen. Unfortunately both of them seem not to have been placed. Ebay account is showing nothing, and no outbid notice etc.

The items did show up correctly when I placed the bids, and the site was the US site (I am in Australia) which is the default, if I understand correctly.

My idea was to get the mirror service if this worked ok, for my usual ebay account. However the bids either didn't go thru, or eBay decided not to honour them (but then at least I should've got a message). The bids were placed for items ending last Saturday seller was d)m)4)9)7)6 -get rid of all brackets-, and I am using this service mainly to protect myself from emotional overbidding, specially since i am a collector.

Thanks if you could tell me what has gone wrong here and how I can avoid it. I'm really appreciate of the value you offer for $6, so this is not a whinge but a question.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: My first uses were failures too

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruzmina2010,

What were the numbers of the auctions?

What was the status the Gixen gave the auctions after they had completed?
ruzmina2010

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Became a registered User Reply with quote

Hi

It's me again. I since became a registered user (different user name) and have placed many snipes now and all seems good. Have won two so far (others i've been outbid or bidded too low) and I am very happy with the result.

I think this is a great service, and help me to beat the curse of shill bidding, which is very noticeable on the items i use it on.

Thanks mate and hope to continue using this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.