Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Text Msg Notifications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Text Msg Notifications Reply with quote

I would pay an extra 30% membership increase just to have a detailed automated txt msg system. Would love to get a txt msg on phone when an auction is entering the final 3 minutes at least.

Perhaps this would best be part of a feature rich mobile app though. Still simple txt msgs for key alerts with basic info in the txt would be a lot easier to implement than a full feature app, no? I would pay more for the option to customize txt msg alerts with basic info texted when key elements in chosen auctions are triggered.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of information would you like to receive 3 minutes before auction end?
Wish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
What kind of information would you like to receive 3 minutes before auction end?

Would like to receive notice that the auction is ending. I like to micromanage the end of auction.

Also if the item is bid above the snipe.

I use the snipe mainly so I don't have to enter a manual bid and so the bid will go in fast. But I like to watch the last 3 minutes to see if a bid or bid war gets going in that crucial time. If I see a bid come in trumping the snipe say in the last 10-200 seconds I can manually increase.
If noone else bids and it's a 0 bid auction I just let the snipe be the 1st bid in the last 3 seconds.

Many times recently my snipe got outbid by a tiny amount in the last minutes of auction, but I was distracted and forgot to get back to auction. If I can get a txt msg informing of the end of auction coming up, and informing of an outbid, that would be great.

eBay seems to have some sort of txt msg system, or they did, the info is all over the board about it, hard to pin down.

Have been trying to get this system to work: http://totxt.net
But the low priority free msgs do not come through, it is complicated and the cost is higher. Actually I found this system after I posted this request here so it may satisfy. But it would be cool if a simple effective txt msg system could be added to Gixen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be completely honest with you, I see zero benefit in this. The whole point of sniping is to know your maximum, set it and forget it. If you want to micromanage as you say, just use ebay. As for reminders, if you have a smartphone, you can set a reminder yourself - you know when the auction is ending.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mario... the whole point of using a sniping service is to decide well ahead of time what you are prepared to pay, set it up as a snipe and forget about it until after the auction has ended... and then only if you have won.

To do anything else is to waste more of your valuable time than is necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.