Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Sorting by colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atlas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Sorting by colors Reply with quote

In addition to the sorting feature, it would be nice to have groups being color coded, as in group one being highlighted green, group two blue, and so on. Just another idea which would make more than a few people's life easier (than it already is with this great service anyway Rolling Eyes )

As a side note, I noticed the anti bot check is the same every time I post. No wonder you guys got spam before... In my forum, we use re-captcha and it works pretty well - along with disabling guest posts. Why don't you guys use a regular forum with users and stuff anyway...? Not criticizing, just wondering.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like re-captcha as it requires communication with an external site. I also don't like it as it's commonly used. I found that my own solutions work much better in preventing spam, and the captcha that you see now is one of those solutions. I will not explain how it works, but I assure you that while a new captcha may not be generated each time you load the page, it *is* changing, and different users will see different captchas.

By the way, the new captcha that you see now I just introduced a few weeks back. Previous solution was hardcoded captcha that was always the same, and even that worked better than re-captcha for a year or so. Until someone realized that it's hardcoded.

Previously spam was a problem that was addressed manually. There isn't a single spam message in the Gixen forum, and even when posted it rarely stays in the forum longer than an hour or so. Spammers don't get much out of it, it's just annoying for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.