Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Outsnipped Everytime!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
melomelon1992

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Outsnipped Everytime! Reply with quote

Although I do like gixen, it seems that everytime I successfully bid at 5 seconds, someone bids EXACTLY one dollar more just two seconds later, leaving me no time to outbid him! I was looking forward to getting a membership package, but now I'm not confident even moving the bid to 3 seconds can outsnipe other people :/
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is almost certainly not so - users who get outsniped in 99.9% of cases are outsniped by another user's scheduled bid, not as a reaction to your bid. 5 seconds is just not enough time to notice a bid, make a judgment that one wants to bid higher, and submit another bid.

Reducing offset to 3 seconds or less would only result in a "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE" status instead of being outsniped.
melomelon1992

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then would you care to explain how in several instances I was outsniped by the exact amounts of 84.77, 80.62, and 62.21? In all cases I was outsnipped within 3 seconds by EXACTLY one dollar, when I had specifically put in some random amount of change (77, 62, and 21 cents respectively) to make sure that someone wasn't outsniping me by increments. No, they got pretty much the snipe down to exactly one dollar away from my snipe, and all just 2 or 3 seconds before the end.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how eBay works, the bids that are beating yours may be much higher than yours but, since the bid increment in that range is $1, eBay only makes them pay $1 more than your bid:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/bid-increments.html
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject:

lonepeace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what Cupid said, that is how Bidding system works on Ebay(and a lot of other bidding sites online Aquabid..etc..).

The person who outbidded you simply has scheduled a higher bid than your scheduled bid. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.