Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

When outbid (but auction still live) - add a notification?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rjsdavis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: When outbid (but auction still live) - add a notification? Reply with quote

Hi to all

Have been using Gixen for a while now, and think I've found a useful additional function that will benefit us all.

What I tend to do, once I've found an item that I want to bid on, is simply add it into my Gixen profile, set the price and let it run. It's not usually sitting there in my "watched" items on Ebay.

Problem is, that unless I'm logged into either the Gixen website, or the desktop manager (which I can't all that often as I'm on the move a lot), I wouldn't necessarily know that my highest bid isn't enough on a particular item.

Clearly, Gixen knows, as in the item list it turns that item background to a yellow colour to highlight it - but could you add an email function to email out to us as soon as Gixen is aware that they item has turned yellow to make us aware of it? It might just be that we want to increase our bids to ensure that we win the item... would be very useful extra function, as Ebay won't notify us!

PS - any chance of a BlackBerry app (maybe only for the subscribing users)?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror subscribers already have this function - just turn the notifications on. A notification will be sent as soon as a new price that's higher than your maximum bid is detected.

Note that this may lag a few hours, as Gixen updates prices periodically.

P.S. No chance of blackerry app any time soon - iPhone app would be the first, and I don't even have that one yet.
Sumflow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Settings Reply with quote

It should be pretty clear when you set your preferences in settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.