Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Do you have a facility to sendme a text just before bid due

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lily-of-the-valley007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Do you have a facility to sendme a text just before bid due Reply with quote

Would be helpful if want to make a quick decision straight afterwards or need to get a reply to a question from the seller (and forget to look at my emails in time, as I did, and have probably bought a duff ticket as a result) Crying or Very sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirror subscribers can turn on email notifications - is this what you need?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I am wrong, the emails inform you when your bid will no longer be placed due to other bids... or after the auction has completed to provide a summary of what happened?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct Mark.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... Just going from the title of the thread, I think the OP would like alerts at some point before the auction finishes... Personally I would suggest not scheduling snipes where you are not sure about what you are buying and waiting for a seller to respond... but maybe I miss a few bargains as a result.

I think the current email system would probably address the other requirement, to make quick decisions after the auction has finished though.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, the notifications are now sent immediately as soon as higher bid is detected, Gixen does not wait for auction to end.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I realise that... I interpreted the OP as requesting an alert via text just before the auction was about to end, whatever the likely outcome... so that they could cancel the snipe if the seller had not responded positively to the question they had asked.

I personally would not set up a snipe until I had received a positive response to a question I asked the seller.

Emails wouldn't have helped because the OP also said that they forget to look at them anyway Rolling Eyes
nochkin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sellers intentionally list items in some misleading way, so I usually don't even bother setting up the item in the sniper until I got the positive response from the seller.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, some do, if they know there are details that make something more (or less) valuable, if they have a less valuable item they intentionally leave out the detail, but you don't know that until you ask, from the listing you are just left wondering if they might not even know about those aspects...

That is my reasoning for not setting up snipes until I am certain about an item too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.