Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

it didn't work? what happened?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hapahaole76

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: it didn't work? what happened? Reply with quote

So I submitted my bid for the first time thorugh gixen yesterday. I was very excited but a bit aprehensive since I've never used Gixen before and really wanted the item for auction (dress to wear to a wedding this weekend). Anyway, the auction came and went and my bid was never placed.

So was there a user error on my part? Should I have received a confirmation email from Gixen when I placed the bid initially? I don't think I did.

Thanks for any help.
Item number was: 270144773842

hapa
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, correct me if I am wrong here, but you inserted this snipe an hour after auction ended.

The end time was today at 16:29:53 PDT, and you inserted your bid at 17:33:54 PDT.

Gixen does not send any confirmation emails, mostly because I don't collect any personal information from the users, including email address.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario!
I was really jazzed about your program, so I'm hoping it was just user error, though everything so simple I'm not sure how I could have gotten it wrong.

Well, yes, I did just try to submit a bid again a few minutes ago (after the auction had ended). I was just checking to see what happens and to see if there was any record anywhere of bids I had placed previously.

I submitting a bid yesterday with a maximum bid of 180.00. And the auction finished at $27 so you can guess why I'm so out of my mind right now. Such a bummer I didn't win, but before I try gixen again I wanted to figure out where the problem was.

thanks,
hapa
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your missed auction Sad, I now how frustrating it can be.

I did a pretty thorough check on this, the timestamp of when you entered your snipe is definitely after the auction end timestamp. And I also checked to verify seller did not change auction end time, and I don't see that happening either.

The only thing I found is that you entered this snipe previously, and on time, and then deleted it afterwards, only to enter it again. The first time your maximum bid was 160 (the one you deleted before auction end), the second time (the one entered after auction ended) 83.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject:

hapahaole76

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]The only thing I found is that you entered this snipe previously, and on time, and then deleted it afterwards, only to enter it again. The first time your maximum bid was 160 (the one you deleted before auction end), the second time (the one entered after auction ended) 83.[/quote]

Okay, yes I did enter it previously on time. 160 was my bid (I couldn't remember if it was 160 or 180, anyway). So I deleted my bid before the auction ended? GRrrr.... I wonder if I did that on accident. I have no idea why I would have done that. Okay, well thanks for checking.

A one year old and a three year old kid and my brain now functions with about half the processing power it used to.

hapa[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.