Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid groups max price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sttun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Bid groups max price Reply with quote

I had occasion to bid on 2 items that make sense to buy together and their value is higher if you own both. This made me think that the way snipe apps work doesn't have the fuzzy logic that I would use when buying these items. For example...

Item 1 - max bid GBP 100
Item 2 - max bid GBP 250

The max amount I'm prepared to pay for the two items is GBP 350. If however, I get really lucky and I manage to snipe item 1 at GBP 75, then I'm quite happy to increase my max bid for item 2 to GBP 275. Because I'm prepared to pay GBP 350 max for both items...

Is this a situation anyone else has come across? Would it be difficult to implement?

Mark Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well occasionally I am willing to pay more than I otherwise would for part of a set if I already own the other part of that set.

However, usually the auctions in question are several months apart so I have not found the need for such a feature, yet.

If I did I would also want a feature that allowed me to bid a lower amount on the second auction if I did not win the first, that type of feature has been discussed before.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Bid groups max price Reply with quote

sttun wrote:

Is this a situation anyone else has come across? Would it be difficult to implement?

Smile It's possible, but I don't want even to discuss it until I implement multi-win groups first. Then we'll see what next.
sttun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multi-win groups - sounds like I have some reading to do!! Laughing

Mark, These two auctions were 5 minutes apart. I see how it wouldn't work in your example, but in mine it most certainly would. In this thread

gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5082&highlight=contingency

I see Inclusive Groups being the primary functionality, except that I need to set a max value-to-pay for the entire group and as I win each item, my max bid adjusts pro-rata for the remaining items in the group.

Does that make sense?

and yes, I take on-board the fact that multi-win groups have priority Laughing
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sttun wrote:
Does that make sense?

Yes, I think we all understand what you are asking for and agree it makes sense for the scenario that you have described.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have the very first version of multi-win groups implemented.

This needs to be tested, and I need volunteers. I made some early testing and it looks good, but this needs to be confirmed. There is some risk, as with any new feature.

Post here, or email me with your username, and I will get multi-win groups enabled for your account.

So far, this will work from web interface only (so api, gdm, autosnipe - none of that can be used).
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
first version of multi-win groups

Please can you explain the intended function?

I have an idea what it does but I don't want to post it here unless I am wrong and end up confusing people as a result.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, I am just about to post an announcement. It's what we discussed previously - an ability to win more than one item per group, e.g. 2 out of 5 scheduled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.