Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

For Info :: New BID ASSISTANT on Ebay Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the3coopers

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: For Info :: New BID ASSISTANT on Ebay Australia Reply with quote

Read this announcement (X = t and VV = w) :

hXXp://VVVVVV2.ebay.com/aw/au/200705240914512.html

It went live today, and now in Watched Items (in My Ebay) there's a new button at the top named "Bid With Bid Assistant".

It seems that it's just like Gixen Grouping - but I am guessing how it actually handles the bidding. The announcement implies that it's immediately lodging a Proxy Bid for the user's maximum... then, if that loses then it lodges the same maximum on the next item, etc etc - until it wins one.

So, unlike Grouped Snipes, this thing automatically lodges a Maximum on EVERYTHING... which will definitely tend to push up prices. I can't see that snipers will use it, but newbies might try it. As a seller, I reckon that is great stuff Very Happy

What is funny is that it "sort of" offers a service in competition to Snipers. But then when you think about it... it doesn't do that at all !!!!

John
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, I've seen auctionbytes report about this new feature. Apparently it's not available to everybody, but more importantly, your bid is not placed at the last moment, so it's not a substitute for sniping.
Gibbo10

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used it all night on ebay.co.uk and didn't win a single auction. It is very good concept but not a substitute for sniping and all it does for snipers is drive up the prices. I switched to Gixen tonight and won 2 auctions for the same products.
Hubird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible or are there any plans to use sniping and eBays "bid assistant" together ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "together"?
Hubird

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I think the "group bid" feature of GIXEN was exactly what I was after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.