Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Saving scheduled snipes when password changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
primitif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Saving scheduled snipes when password changes Reply with quote

Because my ebay watch list is usually hovering near the 200 item max, sometimes the only record I have of near-term interest is Gixen. Recently, when ebay forced a password change on me, I had no way to recover my scheduled snipes or remember everything I was interested in. A nice feature would be that if the password changes, that scheduled snipes do not disappear, but instead receive a new status, something like "wrong password", with the whole entry colored red.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a good idea.

As a work around for the issue, if this is not to be made available as a feature, can I point out that when you change your eBay password you can still log into Gixen with your old eBay password (unless you have already logged in with your new one)... then you can download your snipes from the settings page and delete them.

After that you can log in to Gixen with your new eBay password and upload those snipes from the file that you have saved.

I realise that it is, no doubt, too late for you to do this but I hope perhaps others might benefit from it, perhaps yourself in the future.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
primitif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the work-around! Just gotta make sure I remember not to log in here with my new password before retrieving any scheduled snipes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.