Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen still under penalty - reward offered (300$)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Gixen still under penalty - reward offered (300$) Reply with quote

Almost a month after, Gixen is still penalized by Google. All the attempts to remove the penalty were unsuccessful, primarily because there is no way to find out what's causing it. At the time penalty was imposed there were no site changes that would provoke it. To the best of my knowledge, Gixen is not in breach of Google quality guidelines.

So I decided to offer a reward of 300$ to the person who can identify the cause (payable by paypal after penalty is gone). If you wish so, your identity will remain closely guarded secret, and, if you distrust Google, an alternate email to contact me independent of Google is mario at tesla.rcub.bg.ac.yu (gixen mail is hosted by google, and I think I will change this in the future, but not just yet as I really like the gmail interface).

So here it is officially - help Gixen re-gain it's search positions on Google, and you get 300$. Please do not approach me with any solution that would break Google quality guidelines, linking schemes, etc.
anonymous donor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the sandbox.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by it, but sandbox is intended for the new sites only, isn't it? Plus, there is a dispute whether sandbox even exists.
xus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: How do you know? Reply with quote

Mario,

I assume you track the position of Gixen in Google's results daily?

If so, when exactly did the drop occur?

What changes to the Gixen site occurred the day(s) before the change?

Have you had drops before? If so, is this drop similar or different to the previous drops? If similar, that could lead you to why this occurred (assuming you know why the others occurred). If different, I would look at what changes you made (list them all), and then state why you think this had no effect. Your assumptions may be wrong, and just by "talking it out", you could resolve it.

Hope this helps. I apologize in advance if you feel this is basic.

XUS
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: How do you know?

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for my late response...
Drop happened on May 14th. No changes whatsoever were made on the site. I tried many things since, no recovery.
Such a drop happened only once before, and this was due to invisible link (created by mistake). After that was corrected, position recovered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Blog All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: