Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

My Bid had to compete with a later, lower bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jah_Freddie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: My Bid had to compete with a later, lower bid Reply with quote

Team,
I just won an auction for an item from a Power Seller by using Gixen -Whoopee.
The final price was AUD1,201 and this was the value of my one and only bid.
When my bid went in (4 seconds befor the expiry time - nice) the price was quite a bit lower.
Weirdly, there was a bid from another buyer at exactlly the time of the end of the auction. This bid was one dollar less than my bid.
Has the power seller (or anyone else for that matter) found a way to enter a bid after mine, for less money to force me to pay the maximum that I have bid?
Have a look at the Bid History on 200116151369 - maybe I'm misreading the data???
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can explain this - the bidder (12) placed his / her bid before yours, and his / her maximum bid seems to have been 1200. The current bid must have been lower than that, otherwise your bid of 1201 wouldn't have been accepted due to increment rule (25 AUD).

So what happened is - ebay proxy bid for bidder 12 up to his maximum bid of 1200. Yours was higher, therefore you won the auction for 1201. It's a coincidence your bids were that close, but I don't see there was any shill bidding or foul play here.
Jah_Freddie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario - love your work.

I understand what happened and that even though his bid was later than mine (and lower), the proxy system still forced my price above his bid.

Anyway, I got the bike even though that rotten sniper got in at the very last second Rolling Eyes
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, his bid was already there when your bid came - just not used up to his maximum. When your bid came in, ebay increased his bid using proxy bidding, which also forced your bid to your maximum.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.