Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

bulk import via excel CSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nnicholas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: bulk import via excel CSV Reply with quote

Hi guys, been using Gixen for a few years now (paid of course) and must say that Gixen rocks (but you knew that!) Very Happy

My suggestion is to have a bulk import feature via Excel CSV. When using the bid groups I know I often put in multiple (ie many!) items to bid on.

I'd suggest 4 fields, being:
item number, max bid, bid group (0 or empty if none), offset (empty if default to 6 seconds)

Conceptually, the import function would of course first need to strip out anything that wasn't a number, period (dot) or comma - for safety reasons!

any thoughts? cheers
nicholas
nnicholas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: bulk import via Excel CSV Reply with quote

Shocked

Sorry... didn't notice the Search function until after I posted this, and then found this is already a feature... DOH Can't delete this post either.

But anyway... great work!
toxicroadkill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: csv import Reply with quote

not to sound like a idiot, but ive not been able to find the csv import feature..

where's it hiding??
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's at the bottom of the settings page. It wasn't visible to non-subscribers until now. Non-subscribers can see it now, but the "submit" button is disabled.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject:

cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: csv Reply with quote

cool..found it..

one last idiotic question..what is the format of the csv file??
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Item_id, max_price, snipegroup

Or you can see it if you do the export first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.