Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

"Could not add this item."

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: "Could not add this item." Reply with quote

I've used gixen a number of times, but this item gets the above message. The item number is 120111918366. This item is categorized in the "mature audiences" category, which seems to be the only thing different from the other items for which I've used gixen.

Thanks for a great service!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked, "mature audiences" category requires some terms to be accepted, which deviates from the normal flow. At this moment Gixen does not support it, sorry.
msgj603

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Could not add item Reply with quote

I am trying add item 280115401779 with the same result. This item is certainly not "mature" content. What's wrong?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that this item ended in the meantime. Was this a "buy it now" only item? You can't snipe "buy it now" with no bidding option items.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject:

msgj603

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point! I didn't notice that, I thought it was the starting bid. Cheers anyway.
test

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: "Could not add this item." Reply with quote

[quote="guest"]I've used gixen a number of times, but this item gets the above message. The item number is 120111918366. This item is categorized in the "mature audiences" category, which seems to be the only thing different from the other items for which I've used gixen.

Thanks for a great service![/quote]
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, at this point mature audiences category is not supported. eBay requires some terms of service to be accepted which results in technical complications. I'll see if I can add support for this in the future...
sngldoc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Tried adding item 280130424600 , but cannot add item Reply with quote

I don;t know why?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why what? Smile
sngldoc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: unabkle to add item says "cannot add item" Reply with quote

item number 280130424600

Cannot add this item, and I don;t know why

Thanks
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, looks like I have a bug... It worked for me the second time I tried, but not the first time. Try again and it should work now, and I'll investigate what happened here.
sngldoc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Thanks, for all the hard work even on a Sunday Reply with quote

I really appreciate the site,

The support is second to none, keep up the good work
bigfootpete

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Cannot add this item Reply with quote

I also get the above message - for item 320137073937, it's just a camera manual...and not under "buy it now".
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see...
avifeuer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: "cannot add this item" Reply with quote

I'm also getting the same error message. I tried multiple times for two different items. Both are normal items with 3-4 days left on auction. I love this site and have sucessfully won many auctions, including bid groups. Any ideas why this problem now?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like ebay just had an update of their software / changed their pages... Nothing can be added... I'll try to fix it in the next hour or two.

Mario.
danas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem today

"cant add this item"

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added it on my account, please try again...
danas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worked now. Thanks Mario
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always try multiple times. This typically happens when the item page loading from ebay fails for some reason.
danas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this item shedulled on gixen, but decided to change the price. Then I couldn't add it againt . Tried atleast 5-10 times in 15 minutes. Then googled and found this thread.

Thanks again
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this failed 10-15 times something is wrong. I'll investigate. Thanks for letting me know.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enabled logging for these events in the future, as I'm sure most people don't bother to report them to me. One thing that comes to my mind is that extra characters (that you may not see) could be causing this.

So if it doesn't work, try to type the number in manually, instead of using copy/paste.
the3coopers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that you are completely regex'ing out all characters except numerals 0-9, and stripping trailing spaces ?

One thing that always seems to cause me problems is Copy / Paste of Banking information between ebay and my online banking webpage. Sometimes there is a linefeed or table cell character or some other wierd character at the beginning, and the paste ends up leaving me with a blank cell.

If you're using Windows, a trick to reliably C+P from ebay's Item Number is to double-click it, then Right-click and choose COPY. This method only copies the numbers (plus 1 trailing space), and is MUCH more reliable than dragging across the numbers to select them.

Handy to remember... Double-click = select 1 word, Triple-click = select the sentence, but sometimes the whole paragraph (just try it here on the forums).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Could not add this item for mature audiences category Reply with quote

Are you still working on getting this fix? Because the problem is still there, it would be great if this work for this category.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry, from what I can recall this turned out to be more complicated than I anticipated at first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.