Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Buy it... later?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lshachar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Buy it... later? Reply with quote

Hi. there's that guy that is selling the same items over and over again. he has it for , say, 130$ on a normal auction, and for 150$ as a buy it now item.
I'm sniping the normal auction for 150$, and if it will fall through (someone is stupid enough to bid this much or more?) I would buy the "buy it now" item.

Id wish I was able to group a "buy it now" item, so that if you don't win a normal auction, gixen will buy you the other. It goes without saying, that gixen will have to give a sound warning to the user about what's going to actually happen.

What do you think?

(currently, gixen gives an error if you try to snipe a buy it now item)
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a good feature in a specific case where it's important to grab that buy-it-now item immediately after a regular auction is lost. So it's valuable when three or more bidders are waiting for the auction outcome before deciding to buy buy-it-now item.

Now - the only question is - how often does this happen? Has it ever happened to you that you lose an auction, and that by the time you see this, the buy-it-now item is also gone, and it was the last such item on ebay?
nochkin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's good feature.
What if the seller changed the description of BIN item to a completely different thing? Do you want to just blindly buy it no matter what it is?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nochkin wrote:
What if the seller changed the description of BIN item to a completely different thing? Do you want to just blindly buy it no matter what it is?

True, however the same applies to regular auctions, does it not?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject:

nochkin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
nochkin wrote:

True, however the same applies to regular auctions, does it not?

The difference is:
If a regular auction has any bids (yours or others), the seller can't change the description.
But for BIN listings you can not "lock" it by bidding on it.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you are correct nochkin, I wonder how often a seller does actually change the description of BIN listing to a completely different item though?

There are always some risks, I'm wondering how great this one is.

That said, for me personally, this would not be a feature that I would ever use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.