Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

paypal security warning

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swiftjustice44

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: paypal security warning Reply with quote

Today, when I attempted to use the site and sign in, my paypal virual card told me gixen was unsecure and a known spoof site and would hijack my info. I've used the site before w/ issue, but noticed today that when i signed in, it went to a secure address for a second and then to a different unsecure address. I'm concerned that your site and/or my info is being hijacked. I've changed my password and removed gixen as an authorized third party until/unless this can be resolved. What's the issue?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swiftjustice, I don't do anything illegal with passwords, I use them only for placing bids at ebay, and I use SSL for password transmission. After that I don't even save your password (unlike other sniping services), it's deleted off the disk.

I don't have any means of changing behaviour of paypal software you use, all I can do is tell you it's safe to use Gixen. Plus, everybody here knows who I am, can find out my address, etc. I'm not hiding at some place in rural China.
swiftjustice44

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the site for a couple of months w/o issue. I even donated money to the site thru paypal...no problems in the past. Just freaked me out today...not saying you are doing anything...just wondering if the address was somehow being hijacked by a third party
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no worries, I still operate the site & nothing changed.

Mario.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.