Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Lost a snipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joezapp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject: Lost a snipe Reply with quote

I lost a snipe today due to the following message:

Status (main): INVALID AUTHORIZATION

Item number was 283918727047

I did not use Mirror for this auction. Why would there be INVALID AUTHORIZATION?

Thanks for your help.
joezapp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject: Solved, but... Reply with quote

It seems that my Gixen/Ebay authorization had expired. Supposedly I am now good for 18 months. Just wondering why I didn't receive an email that it was expiring, but other than that it would appear that I am back in business. Hope this helps someone else avoid missing a bid.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes Ebay seems to expire these authorisations without informing you or Gixen.

Things like changing your credentials, Ebay password or id name seem to sometimes be associated with this happening.

Gixen lets you know, with a warning message, as soon as it is made aware that the authorisation is no longer valid, sadly this is often only when a snipe fails in this way though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks Mark. That explains it.

I did think 18 months didn't pass yet. I had to change my Ebay password because the account was hacked. So that disabled the authorization.

Thanks again!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.