Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Future Mac OS compatibility

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danddmui

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject: Future Mac OS compatibility Reply with quote

When my OS was updated this morning the attached message was associated to my Gixen window stating that some system legacy extensions would not be supported in upcoming MacOS releases.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT210999

Please advise o how this will affect my ability to continue connectivity to Gixen in the future.

Thanks Dave Mui
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Future Mac OS compatibility Reply with quote

danddmui wrote:
Gixen window

Can you provide a bit more detail ?

Is this the Gixen website as accessed through Apples' Safari browser ?... If so any particular page on this site ?

Or does it relate to an extension you've installed to help set up or monitor your snipes, perhaps via some Windows emulator software installed on your Mac ? .. I know a few have suggested this as a method of getting the Gixen Desktop Manager to work on MacOS systems.

Have you had that 'Legacy System Extension' pop-up appear yet (as shown in the article you've linked to), and if so what was the 'DEVELOPER_NAME' that it displayed in it ?

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
danddmui

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject: Future Mac OS compatibility Reply with quote

Hi Mark- I got the message when accessing Gixen with Safari browser- I do not have a windows emulator because Gixen has always worked directly from Safari. The popup appeared this morning but unfortunately, I did not look at the "Developer Name" in the popup. I will see if I can get the legacy system popup to reappear.

Sorry I can't be more specific because I never saw a message like that pop up before.

Dave
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the article it should pop up periodically... so you should get another chance then... thanks.

It would also be useful if you can note which specific page on the Gixen site you are accessing when you get the warning.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.