Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Never had a snipe fail until now...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2mwQQWVfmDikvns

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject: Never had a snipe fail until now... Reply with quote

I know I have only been using the free service for years with gixen and never had a fail until now. I was watching the item and it got to 7 seconds and then suddenly the item just ended. I noticed Gixen was being laggy and I was unable to login during that time. It seemed there was also a bid at the last second if you check the list.

Would this be a fault of ebay? I am getting: AUCTION ENDED EARLY OR SNIPE LATE (although it appears the auction did not end late)

I have always benefitted from Gixen and its never let me down and just feel gutted at missing out on an item. I know some previous threads talked about ebay being down. Any way to avoid this?

Item number is 153844624592
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the bidding page here it didn't end early because it was started at a price of ÂGBP 125.00 on 25 Feb 2020 at 7:00:14AM GMT with a duration of 5 days and finished at a price of ÂGBP 275.00 at 1 Mar 2020 at 7:00:14AM GMT exactly 5 days later.

Yes the winner does seem to have outbid themself with 2 seconds to go, we will never know how much they were prepared to pay with that bid.

So the most likely explanation is that Gixen was too late on this one, it is unusual for 6 seconds not to be enough for a bid to get through from the Gixen Main server to the Ebay server but it does happen occasionally and was the reason that the Mirror service was set up in the first place, to mitigate the consequences when an single server operation is not enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.