Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Improving Gixen User Interface

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagbox

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Improving Gixen User Interface Reply with quote

Ok so I'm new so forgive me if this has all been said and done before....

I've read quite a few comments from people saying Gixen looks archaic, too basic, too 'millennial' etc.
Some have said it puts them off paying a subscription as it looks amateurish. Great because it's free but not professional enough to warrant payment.

I appreciate that Mario (and others such as Cupid) probably spend far too much time maintaining it as it is without the extra work of a re-design and the low cost of subscriptions means there isn't enough funds to employ someone specifically to re-design it. However, I think that the CURRENT UI could be improved greatly with just a few simple tweaks. (Simple he says having no experience of programming etc. Lol)

BETTER COLOUR CODING (or color coding for those over the pond).
Currently when you import Watch List the items display with a Yellow background. When you add your bid they go alternate White or Grey. When you are Editing it goes Red. At auction end it remains White with a description - Won, Outsniped etc.
Soo much more visual information could be shown if the universal traffic light system was employed.....

Import your wish list - it Displays White/Grey as no bid has been added.

Add your Bid - it displays Pale Orange (Amber) - it is queued waiting. You could have two shades just as it is White or Grey now.

Your bid is too low - it displays Pale Red to indicate you need to amend.
Whilst amending it can go a slightly darker red.

At the auction end it could change to Green (item Won) or full Red (item Lost) with a description as now - Outsniped, Bid too low etc.

It'd make your Gixen Bid list very easy to comprehend at a glance, and I assume not too great a task to amend existing programming.

Make sense?
Rickajho

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about this. Have you looked at all the "Why is it red?" questions on the forum already when they can't figure out where the Edit box is? Can't get people to understand what little color coding there is on the site to begin with, let alone adding orange and amber to the mix.

I prefer words myself. If people can't locate and read WON etc. on their bid page all hope is lost.

Rick
Blagbox

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I take your point about people not being able to understand what little colour coding there already is but I think the traffic light system is so universal that even the amoeba that have trouble with the current system would understand it, & it would improve their user experience of Gixen greatly. Maybe enough for them to actually PAY to use the service. 😉

But... I've been using Gixen for 4 months now so I've kinda got used to the way it is & I understand that if there were a change it would probably confuse long term users for a while
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.