Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Potential issues with bidding on 600 simultaneous auctions?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cllg_park_bks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Potential issues with bidding on 600 simultaneous auctions? Reply with quote

I have entered snipes on over 600 auctions from a single seller which all end at the same time in a few days. Are there any issues I should be aware of with so many snipes that need to happen at the same time?

I noticed that when uploading a csv with those 600+ snipes, the Gixen server took a few minutes to process them all. If snipes are equally slow, I'm going to be in trouble as I will only win a few of those items I'm bidding on.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're fine, however I am quite curious - 600 hundred items from the same seller, all ending at the same time? Haven't heard of anyone yet doing that in 12 years.
cllg_park_bks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are all surplus items in the same category, so the seller must have bulk-uploaded them all with the same auction duration. It certainly seems unusual!
cllg_park_bks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I ended up winning an even 200 items of the lot, which is an OK haul, but a lot of really great deals slipped by. Here are some cautionary tales.

A lot of snipes got the HTTP TIMEOUT (77) error. Some of them I won and some of them I lost, so I'm not clear what happened, but obviously eBay throttled traffic. I wish there was a way to space out bidding within several hours before auction close. While this would no longer be sniping, it would help when bulk-bidding.

My team spent the last hour before the auction ended editing a spreadsheet with max bids for items that I was being outbid on. I uploaded the CSV about five minutes before auction close... and got the error that the auction ending was too soon, and that the bids would not be updated. Ugh! Several man-hours wasted, and opportunities lost. The best deals were in this lot and they slipped between my fingers. I wish I knew how long before the auction close I could edit bids. If it's stated on the Gixen site somewhere then I've overlooked it...

For what it's worth, for the items I won, I think the seller was hoping to get a much higher price for them. I sent them a message asking if they can combine shipping and they said no, and asked if I wanted to cancel all of my orders Razz

To sum up, I probably would only use Gixen as a backup to manual bid placement for so many simultaneous auctions in the future.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still investigating this - it's possible that some limit has been hit. This shouldn't have happened - all snipes should have worked.
cllg_park_bks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, the seller is back with 1000 more auctions. Should there be reason to trust that Gixen will do its job better the next time around? And how long before auction close can I edit snipes?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I increased limits, but you're really pushing it. When do these auctions end? All of them again at the same time?
cllg_park_bks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for increasing limits. About 400 of the auctions end in a few hours and the rest end in a week. But yes, all at the same time again.

Would you mind letting me know how long I have before auction end to edit snipes?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 minutes to be on the safe side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.