Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Localized promotions and Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mander2017

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Localized promotions and Gixen Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

I'm a User and Subscriber of the Mirror service, since a couple of years (more or less).

Recently (a couple of weeks ago) I subscribed a promotion from the ebayextra.it website: 1 point for each Euro spent on ebay.it; after gathering enough points, these points are used as discount coupons for other buyings (on ebay.it)

I won a series of auctions, using your Sniper and Mirror, with the some Italian Sellers on ebay.it:

- 273549524568 102.20 Euro; 102 Points of the promotion expected ---> no points attributed by the promotion website (ebayextra.it)

- 192715861718, 192715864594, 192715867675
totaling Euro 107.5; 107 Points of the promotion expected ---> no points attributed by the promotion website (ebayextra.it).

I wrote a complain msg to ebayextra.it, that I didn't get the points promised, and after a long wait (4-5 days) they replied that the 'transactions happened on ebay.com, not ebay.it, so I didn't deserve the points, and to read in the future the contract and the conditions of the promotions, you dumb idiot [well, not really, but the meaning was more or less that]'.

At that point, thinking the 'problem' was with Gixen, I tried to change my 'subscription' authorization in Gixen by:
- cancelling my registration
- re-registering in Gixen, giving as a reference the website (login) of ebay.it

Re-sniped and won:

- 192719070848 , 192719074932 , 192719075753
totaling Euro 120; 120 Points of the promotion expected ---> no points attributed by the promotion website (ebayextra.it), again.

Finally yesterday (guessing that the reason why the points are never attributed is that no matter the registration for authorization, Gixen operates form Chicago (and Miami)) I bid on another item, manually, from ebay.it, for 35 Euro, won and got my points...

My question is: such (local) promotions make the use of Gixen... useless, right?

Thanks very much indeed for your time

Roberto
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberto,

What you want is to change the target site to "Italy". Log in to your Gixen account and click on "Settings" button. You will see "Gixen main target ebay site" and "Gixen mirror target ebay site". Change them to "Italy".

That will fix the issue.
Mander2017

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mario.
Changed the value in the wrong field Shocked

Take care

Roberto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.