Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

View previous topic :: View next topic  
squirrelwatcher

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: 183221291743 Reply with quote

Hi, I like winning my purchases but feel am paying more than I needed. EG: 14 bids at ÂGBP 41.00 win at 16 bids at ÂGBP 52.68.....Why so much more........do the offset/mirror compete with each other?......This resulted in extra ÂGBP 3.00 per item instead of maybe the ÂGBP 1.00 I wanted......This also with previous auction for same items with another seller. In the past I won win smaller margins. Thank you, Roy
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see your bid won by beating a bid from another sniper of ÂGBP 51.68.

The bid increment in that range is ÂGBP 1, so that is all that Ebay asked you to pay extra.

People don't bid one increment at a time. Indeed you didn't when you set up your snipe amount, if they are sensible they bid the maximum they are prepared to bid, and don't reveal it by actually placing that bid till the last few seconds, you both did that and you won because you were prepared to pay more.

This is how Ebay works, what do you think is strange about it ?

Last edited by Cupid on Sat May 26, 2018 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Rickajho

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just explaining it a slightly different way:

What Mark is getting at is there were other outstanding proxy bids for up to 51.68. If you were to win at all your gixen snipe had to be at least one bid increment higher than that - which it was. If you were only wanting to pay 41.00 and only bid 41.00 in this auction you would have lost by being outbid.

Just because you see a bid sitting there at 41.00 gives you no idea of what proxy bids may be outstanding from the other bidders. You have no way of knowing that until your bid is placed and their bid(s) and yours increase until the highest bid wins.

If you are asking if your own gixen snipe is bidding against your own gixen mirror snipe - no. Gixen doesn't work that way and neither does eBay. If you have the high bid on eBay you can't force eBay to pay more than your high - currently winning - bid amount.

You may want to review the bid increment rules on the gixen FAQ page.

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.