Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Unable to use full HTML version on mobile browser

View previous topic :: View next topic  
streetcarmikestrauch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Unable to use full HTML version on mobile browser Reply with quote

Normally, typing gixen.com on a mobile browser gives two links, the mobile site and the full HTML site. Last week, I discovered the full HTML link no longer works on either Chrome or Firefox mobile. Only the mobile site opens.

I'm accustomed to using the full site because I can import the watch list. On the mobile version I must enter items individually. Most of my internet activity is on an Android device (tablet ot smartphone).
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird. I use both Android and Chrome myself, and have no problems. Do you use any add-ons / plugins in Chrome?
streetcarmikestrauch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Unable to use full HTML version on mobile browser Reply with quote

I selected Request Desktop Site in the Chrome menu, and now it gives the right page. Thanks.
qler85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sure, it works but this is not a solution.

Previously (maybe month ago) full site worked normally on android browser (Opera). Right now there is no access to full site site from android phone (from menu when we have 2 options - mobile site and full site, clicking on full site - nothing happens) unless I change user agent to PC. This is very annoying when I have to go to the options and change it every time when I want only to add bid to Gixen, later again I have to change user agent to "mobile".

I saved full site address in favourites on my browser and there is no access as well, works only (with user agent "mobile") for some hours but only in the same session and 1st access (login) must be from user agent "PC".

So this is obvious that your full site recognize that unlogged user is using browser on his mobile device and is blocking access.
Please fix it.

Why I don't want to use mobile site ? Would be no difference for me but on full site I can add snipe using copy&paste (full address of item) or item's ID. 2 options. On mobile site we have to paste only item ID so every time I have to cut manually address. Maybe can you make it like in full Gixen's site - both - ID and full address ? I know that item's ID is easily visible on mobile ebay site, but not on full ebay site (I prefer to use full site zooming it on my phone).
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.