Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

not sure about mirror off-set feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  
longball

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: not sure about mirror off-set feature Reply with quote

just bought the mirror service after enjoying the free version -- in the mirror version there is an offset feature -- i've looked thru the forums and don't see a thread addressing it --
would you be kind enough to explain the feature
thx
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the amount of time, in seconds, before the auction end that you would like Gixen to attempt to place your bid.

You can set it independently for each Gixen server, if you wish.

If you have a favourite offset I recommend that you set that as your default on the Settings page, that way you don't have to select what you want every time you set a snipe.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The bottom line of having the mirror service is you get two tries to place one bid. That added redundancy is your layer of insurance against "poop happens" whenever you are using the internet, especially with a timing critical thing like sniping.

I know you have the option of using a different offset for both the main server and the mirror server but personally I don't think having different offsets makes any difference. Like I said, what you have bought with the mirror service is a redundant attempt to place only one bid. All that really matters is one of the two servers gets there and executes the snipe.

Me? I have had one case where the main server had a timeout error and didn't execute a snipe - but the mirror server did. And to me that's well worth the annual fee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.