Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Do not Understand why no bid AND status box notation. Pleas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
F6dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Do not Understand why no bid AND status box notation. Pleas Reply with quote

Okay, I am new to all this - including Gixen - but something just doesn't seem to have gone right. I just signed up for account on Thursday and decided to register for mirror account status. Afterward entered bids on two products bidding today (July 30, 2017).

The first item sold for bid above my maximum so I didn't really figure anything to be wrong.

The second item - 222590971194 - however shows a sold price below my maximum. It also notes in Status Box "Access Level Upgrade Required". When I check on EBay site it appears no bid was entered on my behalf. So what am I doing wrong?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is "Access Level Upgrade Required" the status that Gixen gave this snipe on both the Main and Mirror tabs ?

Also is this a long standing Ebay account that you have linked with your Gixen account... one that you have used successfully to buy things form a while... or has that Ebay account also been set up recently ?
F6dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Answers to your questions Reply with quote

Question 1 - Yes, on both servers.

Question 2 - Yes, set-up a new Ebay account to use on auctions.
F6dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote

Question 2 - NEW, set-up new Ebay account to handle auctions with Gixen
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Clarification

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, since it is a new Ebay account it is possible that Ebay want a bit more information before they'll allow you to bid on items.

Please can you try placing a manual bid on Ebay, on something similar but at a level where you are very unlikely to win... and see if Ebay then prompts you to verify some more information. Things like delivery address, payment details, a link to your Paypal account or even credit card details are common things for them to want at this stage.
F6dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you. Sounds to be a reasonable explanation. Will take your advice and apply it to see what happens.

Appreciate the quick responses.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the longer message provided by eBay: "In order to proceed, please provide additional details about yourself. Go to ebay.com/up".
F6dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Follow Up Reply with quote

Just a follow-up to what seemed a problem.

Basically upon your advice I bought something under this new account (not an auction). After that I had to wait until today to find out if a bid scheduled through Gixen went through.

Result -- it now works Very Happy ! In fact, I won the auction.

Thanks for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.