Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

S&H charges not being displayed for all ebay snipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
safir

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject: S&H charges not being displayed for all ebay snipes Reply with quote

Hi,
Hello,

Thank you for adding the S&H field to Gixen, it is very helpful in making decisions on whether the final cost is worth it.

In several of my snipes the s&h field is not displaying, rather a link to the s&h page of the item. It says view shipping information in the hyperlink and does not display the actual price for s&h.

For example item no. 192259541405 shows on the ebay listing 'Shipping:
$9.51 Standard Shipping,' but when added to gixen the shipping did not show, only the hyperlink to the shipping info.

Could you fix this? I have to go in manually and add the S&H in the comment field which is extremely time consuming.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at the auction page for that one it doesn't have any shipping information.

Even when I add it as a snipe the link provided doesn't provide any shipping cost information.

So, I don't know where you got the '$9.51 Standard Shipping' information from... Perhaps that only happens when you are logged into your account on Ebay ?

Can you try logging out of Ebay, then looking at that auction via this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/192259541405

and report back whether you can see any shipping information on that page.

Which browser are you using ?
juandgrande

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark is right. This auction has the shipping set to read your location when you're logged in and then determine the shipping cost based on your location. For my location, the standard shipping is $10.51.

Gixen, of course, has no way to negotiate that handshake and report the shipping cost based on your location. The effort required for the extra programming that would be required would not be worth it.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, it does, or to be more precise, eBay has a way to do it. As of recently things have changed, and now the auction information returned, including shipping, is personalized to the user who requested it. This is why two different users in different locations can see different shipping cost for the same item.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
eBay has a way to do it.

... and I hope that we are continuing to encourage them to do just that... because, as of now, we have to admit, it isn't working as well as it should.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.