Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

new site (gixen.net) snipes too spread out on page?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeske

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: new site (gixen.net) snipes too spread out on page? Reply with quote

Hi Mario & other Gixen people- I just registered at the new site... I am hoping it will have the same look as the old Gixen-- not too spread out on the page. I occasionally put in many snipes, and like to see them quickly without too much scrolling. Maybe there could be an option for a more condensed view? Thanks--
skeske

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: (basically, remove extra info below listing title)- Reply with quote

It's the "view item description" "shipping information" and "PayPal options" which I personally would like to remove (or have the option to remove)
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get rid of them all too... since (to add to your very valid point about wasted space):

1> They don't provide anything extra in terms of access to the item, since we already have a tailored link to the item, that actually points to the site we chose as our 'Country Setting', which these links do not,

2> The shipping cost is just plain wrong for international items and,

3> I am well aware that Paypal is available as a payment option for every single auction hosted by Ebay (bank transfer doesn't hold any interest or advantages to me as a buyer)...

But, I suspect we will get over ruled by the 'powers that be'...
Ramona

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeske - Have you tried using Gixen Desktop Manager?

This shows your snipes one-per-line, and if you have a large monitor and maximise the window, you can see a lot of snipes at one time.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeske, even if I agree with you, I am actually required to display that information. I may make it configurable though in the future, with default to show it.
hvnycollector1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: yes please declutter Reply with quote

I agree about removing the "view item description" "shipping information" and "PayPal options"

it clutters the view and is unnecessary for me
Alex B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things about the additional information:

#1 it is indeed completely redundant (the info is on eBay and I wouldn't snipe on something that didn't match whatever requirements I could have e.g. PayPal etc.)

#2 you (Mario) wrote that you are "actually required to display that information". Am I right in saying the only possible authority that can force that is eBay themselves? Using their API gets you information, but I don't see why you need to show the info (knowing something isn't the same as showing something). Maybe you could keep the info for yourself (i.e. hide it). If you still think you need to show it, maybe you could make it a very light grey (gray?) colour so that it disturbs a lot less.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, I am, in fact, required to display it. And you're right about who is the authority requiring it. And unfortunately it has to be clearly visible - using light gray may not be acceptable.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,

Please can you, once more, request the 'authority requiring it' to, at the very least, make it accurate (specifically in terms of overseas shipping charges, which I highlighted many many months ago, see above).

There is no justification for submitting to a demand to display inaccurate information, that is helpful to no-one.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I will take a look at this again as soon as I find some time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.