Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Is only one server sniping on Paid accounts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smitty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Is only one server sniping on Paid accounts? Reply with quote

One auction today was too important to lose, so I manually bid as well as a backup. eBay rejected the bid since I could not "lower" my bid (I bid a smaller amount but one that would win), but that message proved that I had an "active" bid from gixen since I pressed the button manually at 5 seconds.

That said, only ONE entry showed in the final bid page and there should be TWO (one from each server). Maybe one of the servers didn't make it -- it could happen.

However, I also noticed that on the email response only showed a SINGLE server and its response.

Does that mean that the PAID accounts are now only a "single server" bid?

I can provide item number and other information by email if needed.

Simply let me know.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is still two servers for normal snipes... But there is often only one registered on Ebay if they are fast enough to recognise that the second bid is later, even when they are scheduled for the same second.

It has only ever been one server for Group snipes.

So if it was not a Grouped snipe, and you didn't get the normal 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE' on the second server, what did you get for that second status ?

When logged into gixen.net, and you select the Mirror tab, is it showing your snipes?... Perhaps your Mirror status didn't get migrated across successfully ?

If that is the case you can use the Mirror Transfer Form, accessed via the Settings page, to drag it over to your new Gixen id.
smitty

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: More information Reply with quote

Quote:
It is still two servers for normal snipes... But there is often only one registered on Ebay if they are fast enough to recognise that the second bid is later, even when they are scheduled for the same second.

Not really sure what you mean by "registered", I'll assume that you mean "logged in and ready to bid". Are you saying is that sometimes ebay is fast enough to catch that you already made a "first bid" and reject the "second bid" because it is identical? Let me know.

In the past, I have always seen two separate bids appear on the "detailed" bid list on EBAY, as if I was two different bidders. This time there was ONLY ONE. The status was "BID UNDER ASKING PRICE". Again, I was manually bidding at "around" the same time and mine was rejected -- something about not being able to "lower my bid". When I saw that, I knew that Gixen had beat me and that was good.

2. There appears that there may be some differences since on another (.net era) I received an "OUTBID" on the primary and "WON" on the secondary. Why would there be this type of discrepancy with complete opposites?

On another recent auction, the status were BOTH "WON".

3. I do see more "red lettering" when some new entries have been made that contains something similar to (-1,1) in red with NO explanation. Since the error occurs, I then need to confirm that the item has actually been entered, which takes more time.

This tends to occur only in items that I am simply entering for "tracking purposes". These are items that I want to received an "already entered" error if I enter them in the future and that I can "watch" what is happening to them when they close, since Gixen will provide me with a "losing" email.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: More information Reply with quote

smitty wrote:
Not really sure what you mean by "registered",

Successfully submitted and thus showing up on Ebay.

smitty wrote:
Are you saying is that sometimes ebay is fast enough to catch that you already made a "first bid" and reject the "second bid" because it is identical? Let me know.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

smitty wrote:
In the past, I have always seen two separate bids appear on the "detailed" bid list on EBAY, as if I was two different bidders. This time there was ONLY ONE.

The method by which bids are submitted to Ebay is now more closely integrated with Ebay, that may affect how often you see two bids in future, time will tell. It has always been the case that if one server is slightly later it gets blocked because Ebay does not accept two bids of the same amount from the same user submitted at different times.

smitty wrote:
2. There appears that there may be some differences since on another (.net era) I received an "OUTBID" on the primary and "WON" on the secondary. Why would there be this type of discrepancy with complete opposites?

That does sound wrong, did you win that auction and what was the item number?

smitty wrote:
On another recent auction, the status were BOTH "WON".

That is normal behaviour if you did win, and the bids from both the Main and Mirror were successfully submitted to Ebay by Gixen... After a while the Mirror informs the Main if it has won... but that does not always happen immediately after the auction has completed.

smitty wrote:
3. I do see more "red lettering" when some new entries have been made that contains something similar to (-1,1) in red with NO explanation. Since the error occurs, I then need to confirm that the item has actually been entered, which takes more time.

This tends to occur only in items that I am simply entering for "tracking purposes". These are items that I want to received an "already entered" error if I enter them in the future and that I can "watch" what is happening to them when they close, since Gixen will provide me with a "losing" email.

I do not recommend this use of Gixen, it uses scarce Gixen resources for no gain, and thus potentially degrades the service for us all. You can monitor auctions via Ebay. Gixen is not an auction management site, it is a sniping site.

That said please give examples of items that cause errors, if you would like it looked into further.

I presume that when you addressed the following question:

Cupid wrote:
When logged into gixen.net, and you select the Mirror tab, is it showing your snipes?... Perhaps your Mirror status didn't get migrated across successfully ?

If that is the case you can use the Mirror Transfer Form, accessed via the Settings page, to drag it over to your new Gixen id.

It did indicate that your Mirror subscription had successfully migrated since you have reported that both servers are providing you with independent status information.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: More information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.