Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can't change passwd after reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Can't change passwd after reset Reply with quote

After I reset my passwd I:

-never received the email confirmation
-when I log in I get a warning "Weak password{ (duh!) but I cannot change the passwd ny clicking the appropriate link, the link does not do anything
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever received an email from Gixen ?... In particular during the transition from the .com site to the .net one.

I'm thinking it might be your email provider that is blocking these emails... so if you haven't had any, what is your provide by which I specifically mean, what is after the @ in your email address ?

Perhaps we can get that block lifted by you just sending and email to the Gixen support address given on the Contact tab above... because that way your provider knows that you know this site and are prepared to interact with it... Maybe even try adding that address to your address book too.
anon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Have you ever received an email from Gixen ?

No email, you have another bug.

Quote:
I'm thinking it might be your email provider that is blocking these emails...?

No, it isn't, it is just another bug that you need to have fixed.

Quote:
Perhaps we can get that block lifted by you just sending and email to the Gixen support address given on the Contact tab above... because that way your provider knows that you know this site and are prepared to interact with it... Maybe even try adding that address to your address book too.

I have been exchanging email with Mario, no problems. You have a genuine bug.
Monty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Password reset Reply with quote

I am having the exact same issue with password reset, not receiving an email.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Password reset

Monty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Password reset Reply with quote

I've had the email to go over to the new system, changed my username and password, all changed no problem. Attempted to place a snipe, but this would not load into Gixen, this issue has apparently been solved, so went to place a snipe today and was asked to reset my password, gave the appropriate username and this was the message that followed:

If your username was entered correctly a password reset link has been emailed to you. It may take up to 10 minutes to receive it.

However I am not receiving this email, the username I am entering is my new one, not my Ebay one, I assume that is correct?

Help would be appreciated.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, only Gixen ids will be used from now on.

Once things settle down, Ebay ids will never again be prompted for and will not be accepted by Gixen at all.

Mario will need to look into why you are not receiving emails with respect to the password resetting (for Gixen ids) issue.

Continuing to exchange email with Mario, on this issue, might speed up that process.
gixenluckmaison

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: password reset link not sending mails Reply with quote

For some reason gixen keep asking me to reset password and not allow login. Once I am going with password reset link, Gixen recognizing my username correctly - but I not receive any Email.
can't login because of that. My user "gixenluckmaison"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.