Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

From working to totally confused and nothing works

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bossman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: From working to totally confused and nothing works Reply with quote

I haven't used this thing in a week or so and now I have no idea what's connected to what.. I can't snipe and I re-upped my membership a month or so ago and now it wants me to do it again.

This thing worked perfect for years, and now it's compete junk. Did anyone actually test this new UPGRADE.. I don't even know if it was an upgrade since what was happening is so confusing. I have to waid through 100's of people problems in the last couple of days to see what the hell just happened.
Bossman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I may have this thing under control. I don't understand what happened with this update. I'm not doing anything different now. Is there a button or something I should be looking for ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At what stage are you now Bossman ?

Over the past week we have experienced the most fundamental upgrade since Gixen was launched way back in the mid 2000's.

If you are logging into gixen.net using new Gixen credentials, not your Ebay ones, and you are then able to add snipes, and those snipes appear both on the Main and the Mirror tabs, then you are there...

For now, at least, in a couple of weeks it will all move back here, but you will then just continue to use those new credentials here and carry on, that isn't going to be a big deal (I certainly hope not, anyway).

If not, you are still on the road to conversion to the new system and we are here to help you reach that goal.

Please get back to us and let us know.
Bossman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my mirror membership transferred over and I can do snipes. So everything is working just like it did before all this.

So the question was more about why we are going through this?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going through this so that the sniping engine in particular and Gixen in general can be much more closely integrated with Ebay.

That in turn will lead to an even more reliable, dependable and sustainable service for us all.

But unfortunately there is no gain without a bit of pain.

It's complicated by the aim of removing Gixens dependency on storing Ebay passwords for use with the snipes... Gixen will never again need to know your Ebay password in order to work on your behalf placing the bids you enter at the time you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.